Before you start – is this journal right for you? Please check the journal’s scope, and if you have any questions, contact email@example.com or the editor of this journal at Dimitrios.Papandreou@zu.ac.ae.
We want to provide you with an easy and professional experience at every stage of your publishing journey.
To help us achieve this goal, you as the author also have some responsibilities. These include:
- Responding quickly to queries during the review and publication process
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of your work, including ensuring copyright is not violated and permissions are obtained, and swiftly resolving any issues relating to the integrity and accuracy of your research should any arise
- Familiarising yourself with our ethical policies for authors and complying with all of our guidelines, including acknowledging everyone who has made a substantial and meaningful contribution to the submitted manuscript
Research and publishing ethics
At KnE Publishing, we aim to ensure everything we publish is ethically sound and complies with the policies and principles set out by the leading authorities in this arena. Please see our Ethics pages for more details.
Before submitting a manuscript, you must ensure that you have applied for and received written permission to use any third-party materials included in your manuscript that are under copyright.
Permissions we require:
- Non-exclusive rights to reproduce the third-party material in the article
- Print and electronic rights
- The right to use the material for the life of the published work (ie. no time restrictions on the permission granted)
By submitting an article to use for consideration, you are confirming that you have obtained all the necessary copyright permissions required to publish your article.
This journal is a platinum Open Access journal. This mean the journal is published Open Access and if your article is accepted for publication, you will not have to pay an article processing charge (APC). All published articles are freely available on the journal website without any charge.
Preparing your submission
We offer a full array of manuscript preparation services to help improve the quality of your manuscript, save time, and maximise the impact of your research. Our easy-to-use platform connects authors with relevant experts in language support, translation, editing, statistical review and more. More details are available here.
Please note, this is an optional service, and does not guarantee acceptance.
Before submitting your manuscript, please read the guidelines shown in the Author Style Guide and make sure your work complies with them all.
Submitting your manuscript is simple with our online submission system. But to make sure the process is as easy as possible, read through the below checklist to ensure you have everything you need ready.
- Always double check your manuscript before submitting it, as it is your responsibility to ensure that it is complete and meets the journal’s criteria, and has no spelling or typographical errors
- Have a final read of the journal’s scope and aims and make sure your article is a good fit and that your research is presented in a suitable way to match the scope
- Does the manuscript comply with all of the stated ethics policies?
- Have you acquired all the necessary copyright permissions?
- Make sure you have removed all information that would allow the peer reviewers to identify you and thereby compromise the blind peer review process. (Also, if quoting your previous work do not state it explicitly as ‘my / our’)
- Keep acknowledgements and author biographies as separate documents
Manuscripts should be submitted via our submission system [Link] by the corresponding author.
You will be asked to create a personal account. Please remember to note down your username and password as you will need these to check on the status of your manuscript and to respond to editorial enquiries.
Workflow and what happens next
- Author receives an automated email from AJNE noting receipt of submission
- The Editor-in-Chief reads and decides whether to send the manuscript to peer review or to reject it if it is not a fit with the journal aims and scope or the quality is not high enough for the journal
- If the Editor-in-Chief thinks it is suitable for publication, the manuscript is sent to one of the other editors who is an expert on the topic, and they send the manuscript to two independent external reviewers for double blind peer review
- The reviewer reports are returned to the assigned editor who makes a recommendation to the Editor-in-Chief
- The Editor-in-Chief decides whether to reject, return with minor or major suggestions for improvements and resubmission, or accept
- If the Editor-in-Chief decides that improvements are needed, the paper is sent back to the authors
- The authors make the suggested corrections
- Authors will receive a decision within about 1.5 months. If you have not received an answer after this point, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and Papandreou@zu.ac.ae to request an update.
If accepted, the manuscript will then undergo the following steps:
- Proofing and typesetting
- Author checks
- Editor checks
- Galley proof preparation
- Final checks
- Publishing online
How to share and promote your paper
This journal is listed with a range of indexes and bibliometric databases. We also promote published papers through social media and content alert emails.
KnE Publishing also partners with Kudos, a free service we offer all our authors to help them increase the accessibility and visibility of their work, to reach a wider audience. More details can be found here.