The Contribution of Work Motivation and Training Towards Employee Performance at the Inland Water and Ferries Transport Polytechnic of Palembang
This study aims to determine whether work motivation and training have an influence on the employee performance at the Inland Water and Ferries Transport Polytechnic of Palembang. The population of this study were 146 employees from Inland water and ferries transport Polytechnic of Palembang. The research sample consisted of 60 employees from Inland water and ferries transport Polytechnic of Palembang. The method used is the descriptive analysis techniques and multiple linear regression. From the analysis test results show that, 1) There is a positive effect of work motivation on employee performance. This means that the higher of the employeework motivation, the employee performance at the Inland water and ferries transport Polytechnic of Palembangwill increase; 2) There is a positive effect of training on employee performance, where the more employees are given training, it can improve employee performance at the Inland water and ferries transport Polytechnic of Palembang; 3) There is a positive effect of work motivation and training on the employee performance of the Inland water and ferries transport Polytechnic of Palembang. Thus work motivation and training can affect employee performance, where work motivation and training can affect employee performance with a contribution of 83.9% while the remaining 16.1% is influenced by other factors that were not examined in this study.
Keywords: Work Motivation, Training, Employee Performance
 Agusta, L. S. (2013). Effect of Training and Work Motivation on Employee Performance of CV Haragon Surabaya. AGORA Journal, vol. 1, issue 3.
 Arafat, Y. (2016, November). Effect of Motivation and Job Satisfaction on Employee Performance (Case Study at CV. Havraco Jaya Palembang). Presented at Prosiding PPS PGRI Palembang University.
 Dartha, I. K. (2010). The Effect of Education and Training (Diklat) on the Performance of Civil Servants at the Regional Secretary of Malang City. Journal of Modernization Economics, vol. 6, issue 2, pp. 140-160.
 Fatihin, A. (2014). The Effect of Training and Organizational Culture on the Effectiveness of Employee Performance. ATAIN Kudus Journal, vol. 2, issue 1, pp. 140-154.
 Hasibuan, M. (2016). Human Resource Management. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
 Nimran, U. (2005). Organizational Behavior. Surabaya: Media Image.
 Notoatmojo, S. (2019). Human Resource Development. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
 Nugroho, A. R. (2017). The Influence of Organizational Commitment, Achievement Motivation and Leadership Style on Employee Performance of PT Wangsa Jatra Lestari. Journal of Business and Economics (JBE), vol. 23, issue 2.
 Partiwi, Y. R. and Suhana. (2012). The Effectiveness of Work Motivation in Improving Employee Performance. Nuclear Reactor Management Bulletin, vol. 9, issue 2, Pp. 57-65
 Paruru, J. D. (2016). Effect of Work Discipline and Work Ability on Employee Performance at PT. Air Manado. EMBA Journal, vol. 5, issue 1, pp. 225-233.
 Purnomo, D. (2017). The Effect of Work Motivation and Work Discipline on Employee Performance (Study on Permanent Employees of PT Karoseri Tentrem Sejahtera Malang City. Journal of Business Administration (JABI), vol. 48, issue 1. Pp. 28-35
 Rivai, V. B. (2005). Performance Appraisal The Right System for Assessing Employee Performance and Increasing Company Competitiveness. Jakarta: PT. Raja Grafindo Persada.
 Riyadi, S. (2011). The Influence of Financial Compensation, Leadership Style, and Work Motivation on Employee Performance in Manufacturing Companies in East Java. Journal of Management and Entrepreneurship, vol. 13, issue 1. Pp. 40-45
 Saputra, T. (2012). The Effect of Work Motivation on Employee Work Discipline at the Youth and Sports Service of Riau Province. Jurnal Niara, Vol. 8, issue 2. pp. 50-60
 Sedarmayanti. (2012). Human Resource Management, Bureaucratic Reform and Civil Servant Management. Bandung: PT.Refika Aditama.
 Suwatno, P. D. (2010). HR Management in Public and Business Organizations. Bandung: Alfabeta.
 Sugriningsih, I. D. (2015). Effect of Training and Work Motivation on Employee Performance. eProceeding of Management, vol. 2, issue 3. Pp 18-33
 Simamora, H. (2005). Human Resource Management. Yogyakarta: STIE YKPN.
 Simamora, H. (2006). Human Resource Management. Yogyakarta: STIE YKPN.
 Suharto. (2011). The Effect of Work Motivation and Job Satisfaction on Employee Work Discipline. Derivatives Journal, vol. 5, issue 2.pp. 28-39
 Tanuwijaya, L. R. (2015). The Effect of Job Training and Work Motivation on the Performance of the Production Department of PT. Coronet Crown. Agora Journal, vol. 3, issue 1, pp. 1-7.
 Act No. 43 of 1999 concerning Amendments to Act No. 8 of 1974 Concerning Civil Service Principles.