The role of Guidance and Planning on Safety of Ophthalmic Practice during the COVID-19 Pandemic
This is an Editorial and does not have an abstract.
1. Huang C, Wang Y, Li X, Ren L, Zhao J, Hu Y, et al. Clinical features of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China. Lancet 2020;395:497–506.
2. Worldometer. COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic. Retrieved from: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/.
3. UNDP. COVID-19 pandemic Humanity needs leadership and solidarity to defeat the coronavirus. Retrieved from: https://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/ coronavirus.html.
4. WHO. WHO Director-General’s opening remarks at the Mission briefing on COVID-19 - March 12 2020COVID. Retrieved from: https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/ who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-missionbriefing- on-covid-19---12-march-2020.
5. UNDP. COVID-19 Socio-economic impact. Retrieved from: https://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/ coronavirus/socio-economic-impact-of-covid-19.html.
6. WHO. WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboard. Retrieved from: https://covid19.who.int/.
7. Chu DK, Akl EA, Duda S, Solo K, Yaacoub S, Schünemann HJ, et al. Physical distancing, face masks, and eye protection to prevent person-to-person transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19: a systematic review and metaanalysis. Lancet 2020;395:1973–1987.
8. WHO. Advice on the use of masks in the context of COVID- 19. Retrieved from: https://www.who.int/publications/ i/item/advice-on-the-use-of-masks-the-communityduring- home-care-and-in-health-care-settings-in-thecontext- of-the-novel-coronavirus-(2019-ncov)-outbreak.
9. Belser JA, Rota PA, Tumpey TM. Ocular tropism of respiratory viruses. Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 2013;77:144– 156.
10. Ulhaq ZS, Soraya GV. The prevalence of ophthalmic manifestations in COVID-19 and the diagnostic value of ocular tissue/fluid. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 2020;258:1351–1352.
11. Karimi S, Arabi A, Shahraki T, Safi S. Detection of severe acute respiratory syndrome Coronavirus-2 in the tears of patients with Coronavirus disease 2019. Eye 2020;34:1220–1223.
12. Euro Times. Update on COVID-19 Situation in Belgium from Dr. Guy Sallet. Retrieved from: https://www.eurotimes.org/update-on-covid-19-situationin- belgium-from-dr-guy-sallet/.
13. The Royal College of Ophthalmologists. COVID-19 clinical guidance for ophthalmologists. Retrieved from: www.rcophth.ac.uk/2020/03/covid-19-update-andresources- for-ophthalmologists/.
14. American Academy of Ophthalmologists (AAO). Coronavirus and eye care. Retrieved from: https://www. aao.org/headline/alert-important-coronavirus-context.
15. Hu VH, Watts E, Burton M, Kyari F, Mathenge C, Heidary F, et al. Protecting yourself and your patients from COVID-19 in eye care. Comm Eye Health 2020;33:S1–S6.
16. International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO). Coronavirus Information for ophthalmologists. Retrieved from: www.icoph.org/news/news_detail/598/Coronavirus- Information-for-Ophthalmologists.html.
17. World Council of Optometry. Statement regarding COVID 19. Retrieved from: https://worldcouncilofoptometry.info/ wco-statement-concerning-covid-19.
18. American Academy of Ophthalmologists (AAO). List of urgent and emergent ophthalmic procedures. Retrieved from: www.aao.org/headline/list-of-urgent-emergentophthalmic- procedures.
19. Jacobson PD. Transforming clinical practice guidelines into legislative mandates: proceed with abundant caution. JAMA 2008;299:208–210.
20. Rajavi Z, Safi S, Mohammadzadeh M. Guidance for ophthalmologists and ophthalmology centers during the COVID-19 pandemic. J Ophthalmic Vis Res 2020;15:438– 441.
21. The International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB). WHA 73 – COVID-19, eye health and IAPB statement on behalf of the global eye care sector. Retrieved from: https://www.iapb.org/news/wha-73- covid-19-eye-health-and-iapb-statement-on-behalf-ofthe- global-eye-care-sector/.
22. Naveed H, Leung V, Zarei-Ghanavati M, Leak C, Liu C. Ophthalmic workplace modifications for the post-COVID era. J Ophthalmic Vis Res 2020;15:400–407.
23. WHO. Statement by WHO’s Regional Director Dr Ahmed Al-Mandhari on the COVID-19 pandemic in the Region. Retrieved from: http://www.emro.who.int/media/news/statement-by-regional-director-dr-ahmed-al-mandharion- covid-19.html.
24. IHME. COVID-19 Projections. Retrieved from: https:// covid19.healthdata.org/iran-(islamic-republic-of).